Wednesday 12 September 2012

11th September - my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday.  To celebrate, we all went to an Indian restaurant.  When we ordered, several items even on the limited menu were unavailable.  Even so, the food was very good and very reasonably priced. 

Becca has asked me to pick a day to leave for Ed Damer.  I have decided to go this Friday as Rami has invited us all to a concert on Thursday evening.  The last few weeks have felt like being in a waiting room with a great unknown beyond.  Much as Khartoum has been an interesting experience, I would like to get on with the job I came to do.  All my knowledge of teaching English is completely theoretical, so the thought of hands-on teaching to a very large class is daunting, but putting it off won’t make it easier.  It is a shame my fellow volunteer has fallen through, at least for the time being (apparently she would like to come in November).  Thankfully I have been told that I will be well supported by a local family.
In the meantime, I am reading my newly acquired teaching materials and putting together ideas for my first lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment